NEW YORK, March 16, 2017 /PRNewswire-iReach/ — New York Fashion Week has come and gone, but the trends are here to stay! There were lots of trends on this year’s runway that can be translated to eyewear. Cohen’s Fashion Optical, a top fashion eyewear retailer that provides designer eyewear and eye exams, shares five eyewear trends inspired by New York Fashion Week, as seen on its latest episode of Facebook Live.
- Liquid Metal. Gold and silver dominated the runway this year. There were lots of bold metallic looks, from head to toe. These looks are really about owning it and going big and bold, which is definitely something that can be achieved through fashion eyewear. Get the look with a pair of metallic or mirrored sunglasses.
- Power Red. Red was all over the runway this year. This bold color has been popular in fashion eyewear for quite some time, because there are so many different ways that you can style it, whether you’d like to add a bold, bright color pop, or a more muted, toned down variety to your eyeglass collection. A great thing about red when it comes to eyewear is that it looks great on all different skin tones.
- Jewel Tones. Jewel tones tend to work their way in and out of fashion frequently. Bold, vibrant colors, from blues to purples to emerald greens, were all over the runway this year. In fashion eyewear, this is a great way to mix up your eyeglass style. Opt for a jewel toned, acetate frame or a pair of designer sunglasses with jewel toned accents.
- 70’s Plaid Meets 90’s Grunge. While the 90’s have been making a comeback in fashion, the 70’s have also worked their way right back into style. In addition to 90’s prints and patchwork, brightly colored plaids came back from the 70’s. Capture this look in fashion eyewear with a pair of oversized, round, and wired designer frames.
- Embellishments and Textures. More was more on the runway this year, from feathers and fringe to beading and sequins. These over-the-top looks are a great way to express your unique style, and channel your wild side! Translate this look to fashion eyewear with oversized and embellished frames.
About Cohen’s Fashion Optical
Over 85 Years of Quality Eyecare & Eyewear
Over eighty-five years ago, our founder, Jack Cohen, pioneered a new philosophy in the retail eyewear business. His vision was, everyone who needed prescription eyeglasses wanted to look better, see better, and feel better about themselves. In 1927, Cohen’s became the only fashion eyewear retail location to be found in New York. Cohen’s Fashion Optical quickly became a New York city retail landmark. Today, with over 130 franchise stores in the US and Puerto Rico, Cohen’s is one of the top ten optical retailers in the country and one of the longest operating franchise companies in the country.
Media Contact: Sheila Haile, Cohen’s Fashion Optical, 516-557-1522, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
- Professional Services
- New York Fashion Week